We love to share the love. Supporting local community and other charitable organisations is very important to us. As such, we have developed an annual sponsorship plan, policy and application form. As resources are not infinite, this policy allows us to allocate funds and support to worthy groups in need in a fair and efficient way.
We are proud to support organisations with in-kind donations or the volunteering of our own personal time and resource, and over the recent years have donated almost $80,000 in cookies to the below list of groups and organisations:
- Big Hearted Business
- Business Chicks
- VECCI – Woman in Business
- YWCA (NSW)
- Melbourne Business Awards
- Courage to Care
- Bangarra Dance Theatre
- St Peter’s Primary School
- Monash Community Family Cooperative
- Delaware North is holding a Charity Fundraising Challenge
Our sponsorship annual framework is based around our core beliefs of community, innovation and great food. With that in mind our outline looks a little like this:
- A maximum of 8 local schools and education programs per annum.
- A maximum of 4 Business and entrepreneurial organisations per annum.
- A maximum of 2 Food charity programs.
- A maximum of 1 Christmas sponsorship initiative as selected by our facebook fan base through a survey competition.
- A maximum of 1 charity sponsorship as selected by our staff.
We don’t like saying ‘no’ to community groups, so have recently added to our policy, by offering our cookies at a special fundraising cost price. This will allow us to support more groups and allowing groups to on-sell the products at a retail price and retain the margin for fundraising. If you are interested in this aspect, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To allow us to consider each request on its own merits we request that submissions for support from Charlie’s Cookies including sponsorship and charitable donations be made in writing.
All submissions must be made and completed based via the provided application form. Please allow 6 weeks for us to review your application.
Charlie’s Cookies Sponsorship and Charitable Donations Policy
Charlie’s Cookies is a family owned and operated business located in East Bentleigh Victoria. Each year, we receive many requests for donations and support from a wide variety of worthy organisations and individuals. Although we would love to support every organisation that makes a request, sadly this is not possible.
This policy has been established to address all requests on a case by case basis, based on the assessment criteria contained in this document.
Each request will be carefully assessed to determine if it meets Charlie’s Cookies sponsorship, marketing and community objectives. Consequently we are unable to proceed with requests for support that do not fit within these objectives. In addition, budgetary constraints limit the number of opportunities that we can undertake.
Charlie’s Cookies seeks to act as a good corporate citizen at all times and in this spirit have undertaken many contributions and sponsorships over the recent years valued at almost $100,000. However as requests have increased in number, it has become necessary to apply a more thorough and efficient process to those requests.
We recognise the important role we play as a member of the community, and support selected activities and organisations that benefit the community in which we operate. Activities and organisations are supported through working in partnership with the broader community for the long-term benefit of the baking and food manufacturing industry.
All sponsorship applications will be evaluated according to the criteria set out below and must be submitted on the form provided by the 30 June of each year.
Scope of this policy
In the context of this policy ‘sponsorship’ is defined as the provision of goods or services in exchange for advertising, marketing and promotional opportunities. ‘Donation’ is defined as the provision of goods to a registered charity where a receipt for the value of goods can be provided for taxation purposes.
- may only take the form of provision of material goods or other;
- consists of resources in exchange for agreed acknowledgment;
- may be between one or more organisations; and
- does not generally include unencumbered donations of goods and services, or materials.
- may only take the form of provision of material goods or other;
- consist of resources provided free of charge and unencumbered
- will be provided to registered charities where a receipt for the value of the goods can be provided for taxation purposes.
Policy and Rules of Engagement
Responsibility for co-ordination of sponsorship lies with the owners of Charlie’s Cookies. Each proposal will be assessed on a merit basis according to the criteria set. Each year at our business planning session, all staff of Charlie’s Cookies nominate their preferred and most aligned charities and we will assess other opportunities at this time. This means that if a proposal for sponsorship is to be considered a submission is to be prepared addressing the criteria set out in this policy document and submitted with a six week lead time to assess the application.
Charlie’s Cookies will only agree to sponsorship opportunities that:
- Are consistent with our vision, reputation and objectives
- Addresses our target audience
- Helps achieve our objective to increase awareness of Charlie’s Cookies
- Adds value to business activities
Key areas of potential support by Charlie’s include:
- initiatives that support the future growth of the baking and food manufacturing industry in Australia.
- initiatives that are directed at increasing the profile of Charlie’s Cookies
- community events in an area where Charlie’s Cookies is already affiliated.
Preference will be given to organisations that are related to:
- Feeding those in need
- Supporting woman and families
- Are credible, with a proven track record in managing community initiatives,
- Can provide satisfactory information on its management and financial status; and
- Allow adequate time for applications to be assessed
Charlie’s Cookies will assess all requests for donations based on the following criteria:
- Donations will only be provided to registered charities who can produce a receipt for tax purposes to the value of goods supplied
- Individual donation requests will require a submission detailing the merits of the organisation and to what purpose donation of goods will be used
Organisations/activities which will not be considered for sponsorship by Charlie’s Cookies include those that:
- May be construed as discriminatory
- Could be detrimental to public health or safety
- Promote or encourage smoking or substance abuse
- Individuals seeking support for overseas travel or academic study
- Religious or political organisations or campaigns
- Programs that may present a hazard to the community or the environment
- Programs that contribute to the financial gain of an individual or business
- Activities which are the direct responsibility of the Government
- Non-specific fundraising projects or appeals
- An organisation with which sponsorship involvement could be misinterpreted as a bribe or kickback (for example, to influence a bidding or tender process).
Charlie’s Cookies does not make political donations or sponsor political organisations or candidates. Any departure from this aspect of the policy requires the approval of the business owners.